Thursday, October 01, 2020 - Saturday, October 31, 2020
HARVEST FOR HUNGER: October 1-31
Our annual Harvest for Hunger food drive (sponsored by the WMU) begins next week. This year there are several reasons why it is even more critical that we help stock our communities food banks.
· Many other food drives have had to be cancelled this year due to CoVID-19.
· Hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians have been without work during the pandemic.
· Many of the unemployed had their federal benefits run out at the end of July.
· Although many people are returning to work, thou- sands remain in limbo with workplaces that remain re- stricted in opening.
These people live in our communities, go to our schools and work with us. They are people that we encounter every day. As usual there are two ways to help:
1. Bring canned goods (plastic only please).
2. Give monetarily to our church and designated your gift “Harvest for Hunger.” The food pantries can purchase $2 of food for every $1 that is given.
DIFFERENT this year – you may drop off your food or monetary donations on Fridays at the church during the offering collection time (11-11:30)